Everyone has reason to care about their data accumulation over the web. Do you agree with any one of the following:
- I find ads that follow me around on the internet creepy.
- I’m worried someone will steal my identity and open accounts in my name.
- I don’t think companies should be making money off my personal information.
- I’m worried my data will affect my credit rating or lead to higher insurance costs.
- I don’t like the thought of all my online searches being recorded (especially the really personal ones!).
- I don’t like not knowing what information about me is recorded.
- I’m embarrassed about those old photos online.
- I wish I felt more in control of my digital life.
- Of course I have something to hide – no-one’s really that boring (or perfect!).
Data collected across all our devices, services and accounts are analysed, shared and sold. Taken together over time, intimate digital patterns emerge: our habits, movements, relationships, preferences, beliefs and secrets are revealed to those who collect and capitalise on them. A toxic build-up of data that can lead to uncomfortable consequences in the longer term.
If you want to regain some control of your data, take this Data Detox program. After the detox you’ll be well on your way to a healthier and more in-control of your digital self.
The Data Detox regime will benefit you with the following:
- WHY DETOX?
Who are you online, to others?
- EVERYTHING IN ONE PLACE
How well does Google know you?
- BEING SOCIAL
Detoxing your social media accounts
- SEARCHING & SURFING
What are you sharing through your browser?
Who is your mobile phone talking to?
- CLEANING UP
Time for an App Cleanse
- WHO DO THEY THINK YOU ARE?
Why profiling is not just about ads
- CREATING A NEW YOU
Turn your detox into a lifestyle