Gartner Symposium/ITxpo is the industry’s largest and most strategic conference for senior IT and business professionals. The entire event experience is based on Gartner’s best-in-class research and information.
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. Gartner delivers the technology-related insight necessary for its clients to make the right decisions, every day.
Eric Schmidt, CEO of Google, interviewed at Gartner Symposium/ITxpo Orlando 2009:
Highlighted comments from the above interview include:
* Five years from now the internet will be dominated by Chinese-language content.
* Today’s teenagers are the model of how the web will work in five years – they jump from app to app to app seamlessly.
* Five years is a factor of ten in Moore’s Law, meaning that computers will be capable of far more by that time than they are today.
* Within five years there will be broadband well above 100MB in performance – and distribution distinctions between TV, radio and the web will go away.
* “We’re starting to make significant money off of Youtube”, content will move towards more video.
* “Real time information is just as valuable as all the other information, we want it included in our search results.”
* There are many companies beyond Twitter and Facebook doing real time.
* “We can index real-time info now – but how do we rank it?”
* It’s because of this fundamental shift towards user-generated information that people will listen more to other people than to traditional sources. Learning how to rank that “is the great challenge of the age.” Schmidt believes Google can solve that problem.
The Top 10 Strategic Technologies for 2010 :
Gartner’s youtube channel:
Information is not knowledge, knowledge is not wisdom, wisdom is not truth, truth is not beauty, beauty is not love…